404 Hampton Avenue,
Pickens, South Carolina
55 bed Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility for Boys ages 5 to 21
- Located in the Upstate region of South Carolina, 25 miles Northwest of Greenville.
- Licensed by South Carolina DHEC
- Opened October 1, 2008
- Currently accredited by CARF for Mental Health – Residential Treatment
- Providing Individual, Group, and Family counseling therapeutic interventions for boys who historically have demonstrated problematic behaviors in the home, school, and possibly other residential settings. These youths may engage in behaviors deemed to be problematic or detrimental to their emotional, mental, and physical growth.
- Treatment modality used is a Cognitive Behavioral Approach combining two effective types of psychotherapy, cognitive therapy and behavior therapy, also our Licensed Master’s Level Therapists are also trained in Trauma Focused – CBT, and utilize an eclectic approach to treatment modalities to help people change how they think, feel, or act in order to improve their overall functioning and quality of life.
- Case Management Agencies and their personnel are welcome to schedule a tour and/or to speak to our administrative staff about the services we can provide your clients.
- The Eagle’s Nest has been designed for the younger patients of the PRTF. The patients residing in the Nest will be under the age of thirteen.
- The Paladin Unit is a program designed for middle school, post-pubescent boys ages 13 through 15. This program is designed to have both a low and high stimulus within the same milieu. The therapeutic, school, and social environment is designed to stimulate and encourage emotional growth.
- The Phoenix Unit is designed as a low stimulus unit for patients ages 15-21.
- The Pinnacle Unit which is a high stimulus unit for older males that continues to encourage emotional growth.
- Blue Jays for females from South Carolina ages 5-21.
- Hampton includes two basketball courts, volleyball, various exercise equipment, games, pet therapy, and art therapy.